Sergei Evgrafovich Lednev-Schukin (1874-1961)
Oil on paper laid down on panel; signed; lablled in Cyrillic
13 x 17.75 inches
Sergei Evgrafovich Lednev-Schukin lived and worked in Moscow. He was a graduate of the Central Stroganov School of Technical Drawing, and a member of the St. Petersburg Society of Artists. After the Revolution, he participated in the second National Exhibition of paintings in Moscow (1918-1919), and went on to display his work in several exhibitions, including a show organised by the Moscow Society of Art Lovers. Today, his work can be found in the collections of the Kherson Museum of Art (Ukraine) and the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art.